Friday, October 14, 2011

7 Quick Takes: You Win Some, You Lose Some

1. This week I wasted 5 (expensive! free-range!) eggs, a tub of organic yogurt, and a lot of time trying to make 4 loaves of whole wheat sourdough oatmeal bread. It was a major fail. Probably b/c I didn't read the directions allllllll the way through, and plan  accordingly, and when it was time to "let rise one hour and a half, pre-heat oven to 425, then bake 20 mins at 350, then bake 30 minutes at 180" it was midnight. And I wanted to go to bed. So the bread sat out, rising, all.night. Sourdough "twang" is an understatement.

2. Brad needed a hole sewn in a pair of his suit pants. Then he needed them dry-cleaned. So I bought a thread, and a needle, and I sewed. You can't even tell. I'm a domestic genius.

3. However. Still have not dropped said pants off at the big dry cleaner store.

4. They opened a Target five (5!) minutes from my house. Is this good or bad?? Depends. I say good. The family CFO says bad.

5. Dinner plans last night initially consisted of praying no one was hungry. Instead, I discovered some broccoli, a quarter of a box of pasta, a can of diced tomatoes, some Parmesan cheese, already thawed ground beef (truly a dinner miracle) and a random burst of energy. The results were high on veggies and protein, low on grains and maternal guilt. And delicious.

6. Going to bed at a decent time seems to be beyond me. In this regard, I still act like a college student. When will I grow up?

7. My hydrangea bush is in serious need of a good watering, which I have been putting off for the last few days and it looks really, really sad. The existential question is, "Why am I so lazy?"

For more 7 Quick Takes visit Conversion Diary  Happy weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment