Tuesday, August 30, 2011

On The Importance of Glue In A Marriage

Last Christmas, my in-laws bought Gianna a train table for Christmas. It's the kind that requires lots of assembly, so naturally we left it in the box for a very long time. Over four months, to be exact. You'd be forgiven for suspecting me of exaggerating, but alas, I am not.

I know for a fact that it was over four months because for Gianna's birthday, which is in May, my in-laws bought her an amazing play set that I sometimes think I'll move all our furniture inside it's so swanky, and when they came up here for The Installation, which occurred on April the 8th, they were appalled. They were appalled because the train table was still a non-table-in-a-box-in-the-basement situation. So my ever-patient father-in-law put the whole thing together. So you see, Christmas, which takes place in December, to April 8th, is over four months. Not exaggerating, not this time.

After construction, Dominic found the site of a fully assembled, organized, lovely-to-behold train table offensive to his chaos-loving sensibilities. So he wrecked it. He wrecked it every day. He wrecked it in such a way that it was rendered unusable. Like so.



Which kind of made us want to make it look like this