1. You might be wondering why I write the way I do sometimes...why odd phrases from old rap songs are laced through the lexicon of this blog. My father grew up on the The Beatles. Conversely, my musical influences in high school were the One and Only D-R-E and The Snoop D-O-double-G, and the group that said.......annnnnnways. So when I say random crap like, "You know what Dre, I don't like your attitude," you know from whence I speak.
2. The Aftermath of a toddler playdate
|mmmmmmm dried apples anyone?|
|they say Dre fell off, but how? his last album was The Chronic|
5. After watching about a million instructional videos on YouTube, I can now state with confidence that I can properly fold a fitted sheet. Those elasticized corners will never defeat me again. Wrecking Dominic when I won't let him play with camera is just an added bonus.
6. I had two major goals when this year started. I was going to grow food in my yard, and I was going to learn how to sew well enough to make one of these by Halloween. So far, I grew some lettuce that I didn't even plant, my non-gluing-train-track-friends gave it to me. So, semi-fail. I acquired a sewing machine from my sister, who conveniently had a newborn and said she wouldn't need it for awhile. Then, last week, another buddy of mine showed me HOW TO TURN ON THE MACHINE. Alas, I lack thread. So, the next lesson will be how to thread the machine. I've still got time.....
7. Theme for life is: SERENITY NOWinsanity later
7 Quick Takes is hosted here