1. I cannot recommend purchasing "days of the week" socks for your 5 year old. Unless you are the sort of mother who is always on top of the laundry. If you are the other sort of mother, all you'll get is drama, drama, drama.
2. Speaking of laundry, last night I went out with some mama friends while Brad handled the home-front. When I got home and went to put on my pj's, I was digging in my underware/sock drawer for some undies that might still fit me, and I noticed a pair of Gianna's undies amongst my own things. I pondered aloud how they might have come to be in my drawer, and Brad responded, "Sorry, I suck at putting away the laundry." I was pleased on two fronts. Firstly, that he did some laundry while I was out having dessert and a fancy de-caf coffee, and secondly, that he would see Gianna's tiny, size 5T undies and think there was any chance in Hell they might fit my pregnant butt.
3. Since I am just hitting the 32 week mark, I was feeling like I still had aaaaaages to go before this new kid arrived, but I realized that once I return from the beach, I will be close to 35 weeks. Which is close(r) to full term. We are leaving for the beach in one week. Which means I probably need to start getting my stuff together. Soon.
4. And speaking of the new kid, I am interested to see what it's like to have an older child who can hear, and thus be awoken by a crying baby.
5. Dominic has learned how to construct sentences that contain the word 'because.' I wish I was able to come up with the sorts of explanations he is constantly rendering. All day, I hear things like, "I can't get dressed by myself because I can't, Mom" or "I don't like that because I don't like that, Mom." He is somehow able to make an excuse without actually making an excuse. So simple, and yet, so profound.
6. As the Third Kid draws near, we are trying to decide if we're still going to cram three kid across the back seat of our Camry, or go big and get a third-row vehicle. I crave a Suburban. Brad wants a van (for the gas mileage.) Gianna is unfortunately on Brad's side, because, and I quote, "I like the vinivans, Mom. So I can push the button and the doors slide open." Will I be driving a minivan 2 whole years before I turn 30??? Stay tuned....
7. If you don't already own an ice cream maker, you should get one. Your life will be better, and then you can make this.
Have a great weekend, for more Quick Takes, hit up Conversion Diary!