1. We got a new pilot hat for our Pia Baby to keep her hearing aids in place. Does a lot for her cheeks, yes?
2. Speaking of the Pia Baby, we gave her a sign name finally. Giving sign names stresses me out because I am worried whenever we meet other Deaf people they are thinking, "What lame sign names!" Except the Doms; I didn't give him his sign name, G did that when he was born, so his is a legit-bestowed-from-a-Deaf-person sign name.
3. Anyways. Pia's sign name is SWEET P. So, you sign SWEET, and then the letter P.
4. It's happening. For my Thanksgiving contribution I am going to make apple pie with lard in the crust. Then when people say, "This pie is amazing, how did you manage it?" I will say, "A tub of lard." Last year my efforts were thwarted by morning sickness and I could not stand the smell of the lard, but this year it's game on.
5. I just finished reading the first of Sigrid Undset's trilogy Kristin Lavransdatter. It was v. v. good, and also made me realize that life back in the day was super dangerous. Lots of fires and oxes running loose trampling people and no ER's or antibiotics. I have such a cushy life.
6. Here's what I have decided. You need 3 months to recover from childbirth and be able to rest enough and cuddle enough with your baby. THEN, you need 3 months to get back into real life. So 6 months total before you should expect to even begin to have things together. Analysis: I have 2 more months to get my s*** together. Excellent!
7. Lastly, most importantly. Please, please pray for my older brother, Tom. He has terminal cancer, and has gone home with hospice care. Probably one or two more weeks at the most left for his earthly life. Please pray for his wife and three children, for peace for them, for peace and comfort for him. I thank you for your prayers.
More Quick Takes here and have a great weekend!