2. When Dominic wakes at the sprightly hour of 6 am after harassing me most of the night for mawKKKK I'm not ready to get up yet. I'm just not. So I've been dragging my pillow, Linus-style, into G's room and dumping any set of toys on the floor that I think will entertain my little hooligan, including but not limited to battery-operated devices that, being in my right-mind and well-rested, I would normally eschew. Then I crawl into G's bottom bunk and basically pass out.
3. In order to buy some peace and quiet, I allowed the following to occur. It will be so fun peeling all those stickers off a year from now when I finally get around to it and I give a care.
4. In order to celebrate the Christmas season (12 days peeps. Even though the stores have Valentine crap up already) we left our tree up and all that jazz but mostly...I've been allowing daily viewings of Elmo's Christmas Countdown. Every time I have to listen to Anne Hathaway sing "I want a Snufflelufugus for Christmas" a part of me dies inside.
5. We had popcorn for a snack yesterday afternoon (popped on the stove....the kids think I am magical) and Dominic dumped his bowl on the floor. I was a teensy irritated, and handed him the dust pan and small brush to sweep it up, and when I checked on him next he had carefully swept everything into the dust pan and was then eating the popcorn out of it. So gross. So funny.
|He ate it all.|
6. Whilst wearing their hats and gloves (why? I'll never understand) I let them take every last piece of Tupperware out of the cabinets and chuck it all over the kitchen.
7. We took the kids to Chipotle for dinner last night because I decided to clock out at about 4 pm. The kids were being very cute and very funny, most especially Doms, who by the end of the meal was crawling on the floor RAAAARRRRING at people like a lion. We allowed it because we were laughing so hard we couldn't do anything about it. I'm sure the other patrons thought our little lovey was just brilliant.
More quick takes here and Happy New Year. I should have done 7 New Year's resolutions but the only two resolutions I had last year were failures (learn to sew HA and garden NOPE.) So. Meh.