2. I was listening to all the news coverage about the demise of Moammar (what a bummer for a name) Gaddafi and his quote about how he'd never give up and hunker down in his tent and keep fighting really interested me. Dictators in general interest me. You have to really be in love with yourself and with power to want to still be in charge of a country where more than half the people don't like you. I pray for the guy's soul, because that's what I'm supposed to do, but seriously. He should have gotten a clue a long time ago.
3. The lengths I go to maintain my laid-back parent image are getting ridiculous. This week, at Trader Joe's, I actually remembered my re-usable shopping bags. When I proudly placed them onto the conveyor belt a swath of tampons and pads fell out. Apparently while I
4. I am in search of a white lab coat for Dominic for Halloween....we are going to gel his hair all crazy and friends of ours loaned us a plastic beaker. He will be a Mad Scientist. If anyone has any good ideas on where I could score a toddler-sized lab coat....hit me up.
5. Speaking of Halloween, Brad and I are pretty stoked to eat all of Dominic's candy. He's still young enough to not realize when he's been swindled. G.....not so much. We'll need to produce another baby by next Halloween to keep this thing going.
6. It's been about 3 posts since I talked about showers. So now it's time again. I thought of a really great reason to shower as infrequently as I do: global warming. Environmentalists say we should all take 5 second freezing showers to repent of being affluent Americans who use lots and lots of hot water. I feel that if I take two showers a week of 15 minute duration and feel really sad the whole time...that's the same thing right?
7. My unfortunate brother-in-law has managed to do a few things right....he made a wise choice in marrying my sister, and I have to admit his participation in the production of my v. adorable nephew. Other than that, he's what we might call a misanthrope. As much as it pains me, I have to give credit where credit is due. He introduces Brad to some really awful music, but occasionally I like some of it. And sometimes, I love it. And I am in love with Mumford and Sons. If you've not heard them...well. Here you go. You can thank me later
Have a fab weekend! For more 7 Quick Takes, hit up Conversion Diary