Friday, November 4, 2011

7 Quick Takes: Awesome Is as Awesome Does

1. Do you need to feel like a better mother? Let me help you out. Yep there's the Dom, no shoes, no pants. Front yard. Chilly day.

he is, at least, wearing socks. And a purple diaper
2. Such horrible blog neglect this week, lo siento. I am participating in National Write a Novel in A Month Month and I wish I could say I've just been pounding out the pages instead of working on this blog but that would not be The Truth. The Truth is that.....I've been eating lots of Halloween candy and managing to stay busy without actually accomplishing anything. If that's not talent, I don't know what is.

3. I ask my Guardian Angel to do really stupid things for me, and you can, too. Usually my main request (read: BEG) is that he just sit next to my sleeping children and butt-pat them so that *I* don't have to keep butt-patting them. I choose to believe they would sleep even WORSE ("worse" is defined as anything other than the American Ideal of All Night at 6 Week)  if I didn't ask my G.A to hook me up. I figure, other people's Guardian Angels delivered their mail, shielded their eyes from bad things, and plowed fields so they could go to Mass...surely butt-patting my lovely children is right up there in importance.

4. Speaking of children and sleep, last night I went to a prayer/reading group and Brad was working overtime, so one of my friend's husband's graciously offered to bring their kids here and have a little mini slumber party while his wife and I went to the group. The endevour resulted in major cuteness, and I am indebted to my non-train-gluing pals.

 5. I think I am going to shower today. I think I can, I think I can....

6. TONIGHT is a big night. Brad arranged for me to have a sleepover party with some friends and NO KIDS. I've not been without my kids since Gianna was born. I'm pretty excited, and I know my crew is pumped for more slumber party action. The vacays are coming fast and furious around here. Good things come to those who wait.

7. I don't know. Babies. Snuggle 'em if you've got 'em.

ETA See more Quick Takes at Conversion Diary! Happy weekending :) 

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from Conversion Diary and I think I'll stay! I too have tats and a fondness for the Latin Mass. Are you by chance anywhere near Pasadena CA? We just moved and I need a friend! :)

    Anyway, I love your idea of asking GA to help kiddos stay asleep (BTW: what is it with the butt-pat?? How is that so magical with kids??) I always have the grand plan to wake up before the kids and get ready and it always fails because they are in bed with us by 4a. As soon as that mama-warmth disappears, they wake up. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i sooooooo resonate with #5. i've just resorted to having my hair up in a bun all the time -- people ask how i keep it so slick. i just smile and pray that they don't realize that it's been DAYS since i got to shower.

    ReplyDelete